You are here
Statistics Programs Learning Objectives/Outcomes
- Graduates will be able to communicate the major tenets of statistics, explain their work orally and identify areas of future research areas in statistics.
- Graduates will have passed the comprehensive written exams at a superior level based on a summary of required coursework.
- Graduates will have designed, carried out and presented an original work of research at the leading edge of the statistics discipline.
- Graduates will be able to identify and articulate strategies for dealing with ethical issues that may arise.
- Graduates will be able to understand basic theoretical and applied principles of statistics with adequate preparation to pursue a PhD or enter the job force as an applied statistician.
- Graduates will have passed the comprehensive written exams based on a summary of required coursework.
- Graduates will have presented a summary of a research project [non-thesis coursework].
- Graduates will be able to identify areas where ethical issues may arise in statistics.
Data Analytics MS
- Gain a thorough understanding of applied principles of statistics.
- Demonstrate the ability to summarize a technical report and/or statistical analysis and interpret results; also, show the ability for broader implication of application in the statistical field.
- Communicate statistical concepts clearly and professionally in oral form.
- Demonstrate preparedness to provide guidance in statistical design and analysis.
Statistics Undergraduate Minor
- Students will be able to understand basic theoretical and applied principles of statistics needed to enter the job force.
- Students will be able to communicate key statistical concepts to non-statisticians.
- Students will gain proficiency in using statistical software for data analysis.