- Survey Research Center
- Prospective Students
- About Us
My research interests lie in several fields of statistics including statistical inference of networks, high-dimensional statistical inference, clustering, semiparametric inference and hypothesis testing. I am also interested in the application of statistical methods in astronomy, genomics and neuroscience.
Before joining Oregon State University in Spring 2015, I was a post-doctoral research scholar in Department of Statistics, University of California, Berkeley. I am also involved in projects with Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. I completed my PhD in Statistics from University of California, Berkeley in 2013 under supervision of Prof. Peter J. Bickel. Before that, I completed B.Stat and M.Stat from Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.
Here is a link to my academic webpage.
1. Bhattacharyya, Sharmodeep; Bickel, Peter J. Subsampling bootstrap of count features of networks. Ann. Statist. 43 (2015), no. 6, 2384–2411.
2. Bhattacharyya, Sharmodeep, and Peter J. Bickel. "Spectral Clustering and Block Models: A Review And A New Algorithm." arXiv preprint arXiv:1508.01819 (2015).
3. Bhattacharyya, Sharmodeep, and Peter J. Bickel. "Community detection in networks using graph distance." arXiv preprint arXiv:1401.3915 (2014).
4. Bhattacharyya, Sharmodeep, and Peter J. Bickel. "Adaptive Estimation in Elliptical Distributions with Extensions to High Dimensions." (2013)
5. Bhattacharyya, Sharmodeep, and Peter J. Bickel. "Detecting Number of Clusters by Testing Block Diagonal Behavior of Similarity Matrix." (2011)
1. Bhattacharyya, Sharmodeep, et al. "Identification of Outliers Through Clustering and Semi-supervised Learning for All Sky Surveys." Statistical Challenges in Modern Astronomy V. Springer New York, 2012. 483-485.