- Ph.D. Statistics, Cornell University, 2004
- M.S. Statistics, Cornell University, 2000
- M.S. Mathematics, University of Oregon, 1990
- B.S. Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Oregon, 1986
- Dependent discrete data
- Abundance and occupancy models
- Spatial statistics
- Statistical computing and simulation
- Environmental statistics
Selected Publications [for a full list, see personal webpage]
- Brintz, B., Fuentes, C., and Madsen, L. (2018). An Asymptotic Approximation to the N-mixture Model for the Estimation of Disease Prevalence, Biometrics
- Ossiander, M., Peszynska, M., Madsen, L. et al. (2017), “Estimation and simulation for geospatial porosity and permeability data,” Environmental and Ecological Statistics, 24(1), 109-130.
- Fang, Y., Madsen, L., and Liu, L. (2014), “Comparison of Two Methods to Check Copula Fitting,” International Journal of Applied Mathematics, 44(1), 53-61.
- Dail, D., and Madsen, L. (2013), “Estimating open population site occupancy from presence-absence data lacking the robust design,” Biometrics, 69(1), 146–156.
- Madsen, L., and Birkes, D. (2013), “Simulating dependent discrete data,” Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 83(4), 677-691.
Instructional and Departmental Activities
- ST 411/511 Methods of Data Analysis I
- ST 412/512 Methods of Data Analysis II
- ST 431/531 Sampling Methods
- ST 441/541 Probability, Computing, and Simulation in Statistics
- ST 553 Statistical Methods III
- American Statistical Association (ASA)
- The International Environmetrics Society (TIES)