- Ph.D. Statistics, Michigan State University, 2005
- B.S. Statistics, University of Science & Techology of China, 2000
- Nonparametric curve estimation
- Polynomial spline smoothing
- Model selection
- Time series analysis
- Clustered/longitudinal data analysis
- Xue, L. (2009), "Variable selection in additive models," Statistica Sinica, 19, 1281-1296.
- Xue, L., Wang, L., and Qu, A. (2010), "Incorporating correlation for multivariate failure time data when cluster size is large," Biometrics, 66, 393-404.
- Xue, L., Qu, A., and Zhou, J. (2010), "Consistent model selection for marginal generalized additive model for correlated data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, 105, 1518-1530.
- Wang, L., Xue, L., Qu, A. and Liang, H. (2014), "Estimation and model selection in generalized additive partial linear models for correlated data with diverging number of covariates," Annals of Statistics, 42, 592-624.
- Yang, M., Xue, L., and Yang, L. (2016), "Variable selection for additive model via cumulative ratios of empirical strengths total," Journal of Nonparametric Statistics, 3, 595-616.
Instructional and Departmental Activities
- ST 625 Generalized Regression Models II
- ST 662 Advanced Theory of Statistics II
- ST 663 Advanced Theory of Statistics III
- International Statistical Institute (ISI), Elected Member
- Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS), Life Member
- International Chinese Statistical Association (ICSA), Life Member
- American Statistical Association (ASA), Member