Want to join us?
- Ph.D. in Statistics
- MS in Statistics
- MA in Statistics
- MS in Data Analytics (Online)
- Certificate in Data Analytics (Online)
When to Apply
Applications must be complete by the deadline. Make sure to begin the application process several days early to allow for Graduate School processing time. The deadline for Fall, 2020 admission is June 1st, 2020. Applications not complete by the deadline will be rejected. Applications are only accepted for Fall term admission.
Application deadline for on-campus Ph.D. or MS in Statistics Graduate Assistanships is January 15th, 2020.
Applying for Admission
Admission requirements, application instructions, and a link to the online application system are available from the Graduate Admissions page. Please follow the instructions carefully. Application requirements differ between the on-campus graduate program and the on-line Data analytics programs.
The graduate programs requires three letters of recommendation along with the university application form, statement of objectives (goals,intent), Curriculum Vitae (CV), and unofficial transcripts. Letters of recommendation should be submitted through the Graduate School's online system. All materials must be submitted directly to the Graduate School. Do not send materials to the Statistics Department.
Your Statement of objectives/cover letter should include the following:
- What is your math background and experience?
- What experience do you have working with data?
- What experience do you have with computing and programming (software, coding)?
- What do you hope to get out of this program?
- Describe a time you experienced conflict and how you approached/resolved it.
- There should be no more than one paragraph for each question and the entire length of the cover letter should be no longer than two pages. (Note, these are the only questions that need to be addressed in the cover letter.)
For more information about the Ph.D, MS and MA programs, click here.
For more information about the online MS and Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics, click here.