Ten week summer program working in the statistical sciences.
The RUSIS @OSU is designed to prepare undergraduate students for graduate research careers in the statistical sciences. Students will have the opportunity to learn about statistical and computational sciences and will engage in a research project in one of the following areas:
- Extreme Value Theory,
- Multiple Comparisons,
- Multivarieate Survival Analysis,
- Modelling of the power grid,
- Other biomedical and statistical problems.
Students will receive a $5,000 stipend for the ten weeks and up to $600 to cover travel expenses. On-campus lodging and meals are provided.
- Students majoring in mathematics, computer science, statistics, or related fields who have had the calculus sequence and a course in linear or matrix algebra.
- Must not hold an undergraduate degree by the end of summer, 2021.
- Must be a United States citzen or permanent resident.
Application deadline: April 1st, 2021 - (Application can be downloaded from this site or can be requested from Javier.Rojo@oregonstate.edu)
Send your application request to the Director, Javier Rojo, Oregon State University, Statistics Department, 239 Weniger Hall, Corvallis, OR 97331
If you would like a .pdf of this page, please click here.