- Arthur, J. L. and A. Ravindran. PAGP: A partitioning algorithm for (linear) goal programming problems. ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software, 6(3):378-386. 1980.
- Arthur, J. Land D. P. Dykstra. Timber harvest planning - A combined optimization/simulation model. Environmental Management, 4(6): 491-498. 1980.
- Arthur, J. L. and A. Ravindran. A multiple objective nurse scheduling model. AIIE Transactions, 13(1):55-60. 1981.
- Arthur, J. L. and K. D. Lawrence, A multiple goal capital flow model for a chemical and pharmaceutical company. Engineering Economist, 30(2):121-134. 1985.
- Arthur, J. L., J. O. Frendewey, Jr., P. Ghandforoush and L. P. Rees. Microcomputer simulation systems. Computers and Operations Research, 13(2/3): 167-183. 1986.
- Arthur, J. L. and A. Ravindran. Comments on the special issue on generalized goal programming. Computers and Operations Research, 13(4):527-528. 1986.
- Ravindran, A., W. S. Shin, J. L. Arthur and H. Moskowitz. Nonlinear integer goal programming models for acceptance sampling. Computers and Operations Research, 13(5):611-622. 1986.
- Arthur, J. L., A. L. Davis and P. Ghandforoush. A network queuing model for data communications systems. Omega, 15(2):157-165. 1987.
- Arthur, J. L. and P. Ghandforoush. Subjectivity and portfolio optimization, in Advances in Mathematical Programming and Financial Planning, Vol. 1. K. D. Lawrence, J. B. Guerard and G. R. Reeves, (eds.), JAI Press, 171-186. 1987.
- Arthur, J. L. and J. O. Frendewey, Jr. Generating traveling salesman problems with known optimal tours . Journal of the Operational Research Society, 39(2):153-159. 1988..
- Arthur, J. L. Comment: Tax restructuring in Peoria, Illinois: Food for Thought. Interfaces, 21(2):87-92. 1991.
- Arthur, J. L. and J. O. Frendewey, Jr. GENGUB: A generator for linear programs with generalized upper bound constraints. Computers and Operations Research, 20(6):565-573. 1993.
- Arthur, J. L. and J. O. Frendewey, Jr. An algorithm for generating minimum cost network flow problems with specific structure and known optimal solutions. Networks, 24(8): 445-454. 1994.
Lang, A. and J. L. Arthur. Parameter approximation for phase type distributions, in Matrix-Analytic Methods in Stochastic Models. S.Chakravarty and A. S. Alfa (ed.). Lecture Notes in Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 183. Marcel Dekker, New York, pp. 151-206. 1996.
Arthur, J. L. and D. J. Nalle. Clarification on the use of linear programming and GIS for land-use modelling. International Journal of Geographical Information Science, 11(4): 397-402. 1997.
Arthur, J. L., M. T. Hachey, K. Sahr, M. Huso, and A. R. Kiester. Finding all optimal solutions to the reserve site selection problem: formulation and computational analysis. Environmental and Ecological Statistics, 4(2):153-165. 1997.
Calkin, D., C.A. Montgomery, N.H. Schumaker, S. Polasky, J.L Arthur and D.J. Nalle. Land management with ecological and economic objectives. Forest Science, submitted.
Nalle, D.J., J.L. Arthur and J. Sessions. Designing compact and contiguous reserve networks: heuristic comparison and development. Forest Science, submitted.
Arthur, J.L., R.G. Haight, C.A. Montgomery and S. Polasky. Analysis of the threshold and expected coverage approaches for the probabilistic reserve selection problem. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, submitted.
Nalle, D.J., J.L. Arthur and J. Sessions. Augmenting a reserve network: effect of existing reserves on future cost and location. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, submitted.