- PhD in Statistics, University of Washington, Seattle, 2007
- Bachelor and Masters of Statistics, Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, India, 2000, 2002
- Spatial Statistics
- Global seismology
- Anomaly detection
- Time series
- Chaudhuri, S., Mondal, D., and Yin, T. (2017), "Hamiltonian Monte Carlo sampling in Bayesian empirical likelihood computation," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series B (Statistical Methodology), 79(1), 293-320.
- Mondal, D., and Hinrichs, N. (2016), "Rank Tests from Partially Ordered Data Using Importance and MCMC Sampling Methods," Statistical Science, 31(3), 325-347.
- Mondal, D. (2015), "Applying Dynkin’s isomorphism: an alternative approach to understand the Markov property of the de wijs process," Bernoulli, 21(3), 1289-1303.
- Besag, J., and Mondal, D. (2013), "Exact Goodness‐of‐Fit Tests for Markov Chains," Biometrics, 69(2), 488-496.
- Mondal, D., and Percival, D. B. (2010), "Wavelet variance analysis for gappy time series," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, 62(5), 943-966.
- Besag, J., and Mondal, D. (2005), "First-order intrinsic autoregressions and the de Wijs process," Biometrika, 92(4), 909-920.
- Dutta, S., and Mondal, D. (2015), "An h‐likelihood method for spatial mixed linear models based on intrinsic auto‐regressions," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series B (Statistical Methodology), 77(3), 699-726.
Instructional and Departmental Activities
- ST 623 Generalized Regression Models I
- ST 567 Spatial Statistcs
- ST 559 Bayesian Statistics
- ST 541 Probability, Computing, and Simulation in Statistics
- ST 314 Introduction to Statistics for Engineers
Honors and Awards:
- Elected member of the International Statistical Institute, 2016.
- Young researcher award, International Indian Statistical Association, 2015.
- Sole Biometrics showcase session paper, JSM, Boston, 2014.
- Microsoft Junior Travel Award, ISBA World Meeting, Kyoto, Japan, 2012.
- NSF Career award, 2012.
- Z.W. Birnbaum award, Department of Statistics, University of Washington, 2005.