- Ph.D. Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University, 1999
- M.S. Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University, 1995
- M.S. Mathematics, Portland State University, 1994
- B.A. Computer Science, Columbia University, 1987
- Environmental and spatial statistics
- Statistical consulting
- Statistical literacy and communication
Selected Publications [for a full list, see CV]
- Sun, L. and Gitelman, A. I. (2016), "Simultaneous tests for homogeneity of two zero-inflated (beta) populations," Communications in Statistics--Theory and Methods, 45 (17), 5137-5153.
- Boersma, K. S., Dee, L. E., Miller, S. J., Bogan, M. T., Lytle, D. A., Gitelman, A. I. (2016), "Linking multidimensional functional diversity to quantitative methods: A graphical hypothesis-evaluation framework," Ecology, 97(3), 583-593.
- Romer, J. D., Gitelman, A. I., Clements, S., and Schreck, C. B. (2015), "Designing a monitoring program to estimate estuarine survival of anadromous salmon smolts," PLos One, 10 (7), e0132912.
- Taylor, A. E., Vajrala, N., Giguere, A. T., Gitelman, A. I., Arp, D. J., Myrold, D. D., Sayaverdra-Soto, L., and Bottemley, P. J. (2013), "Use of aliphatic n-alkynes to discriminate soil nitrification activities of ammonia-oxidizing thaumarchaea and bacteria," Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 79 (21), 6544-6551.
- Marley, K., Helfand, S. C., Edris, W. A., Mata, J. E., Gitelman, A. I., Medlock, J., and Seguin, B. (2013), "The effects of taurolidine alone and in combination with doxorubicin or carboplatin in canine osteosarcoma in vitro," BMC Veterinary Research 9 (1), 15.
Instructional and Departmental Activities (current: bold faced)
- ST 509 Statistical Consulting Practicum
- ST 411/511 Methods of Data Analysis I
- ST 412/512 Methods of Data Analysis II
- ST 413/513 Methods of Data Analysis III
- ST 516-ST 518 Course Development
- ST 551 Statistical Methods I
- ST 552 Statistical Methods II
- ST 555 Advanced Experimental Design
- ST 557 Applied Multivariate Analysis
- ST 559 Bayesian Statistics
- ST 565 Time Series
- ST 599 Special Topics: Spatial Statistics
- ST 599 Special Topics: Statistical Computing and Big Data
- ST 623 Generalized Regression Models
- Statistical Consulting Services
- American Statistical Association (ASA)
- Section on Statistics and the Environment
- Bayesian Statistical Science Section
- Statistical Consulting Section
- Statistical Education Section